Friday, April 18, 2008

The Freeholder is out of jail...

Yes, the crazy old woman is at it again.

She called last night to tell me the Freeholder (that she apparently doesn't like) must have gotten out of jail... and she's asking me why we let him out.

Same caller as the post called There's a fire in the tunnel. It was the freeholder trying to sell her house in that one, too.

Anyway, she said he's out there with a group of people and she heard him say there's going to be a killing tonight. Then she advises me that if there's a murder, we should really look at him as a suspect. As I try to get more information (or keep her going solely for amusement) she just hangs up on me. Damn. That could have been a good one.

I told the Sgt. who happened to be right there entering his tickets. He kinda laughed, got a bit pissed off that she called twice already, and pretty much forgot all about it.

Thankfully we got through the night with no murders. The old bitch finally went back to sleep. Bars were quiet. Roads were empty. Other than a first aid call and a few parking problems, maybe a traffic stop or two, I just sat back, put my feet up on the desk, watched TV for a few hours, and dealt with the chest pain until I could go home and sleep.

Now I just get to look forward to tonight. I think it's great that it's Friday night and it looks like a pretty full moon. Tonight should go SO well. (With extra sarcasm!)

Speaking of, I need to go get uniformed and get my ass out the door.

Until next time,

Clear and unavailable

Dispatcher 6

No comments: