Sunday, April 20, 2008

There's a beating in the tunnel...

Yup, she called again last night. Twice, actually. Then she must have fallen asleep or the beatings finally stopped. Somebody needs to beat her. I wonder what's with her and the tunnel anyway? WHAT DAMN TUNNEL?!?!?!?!

I just conveniently ignored her - I was too busy to deal with her. There were real emergency calls going on at the time. Well, not necessarily emergencies, but there were calls that actually had some sort of a purpose.

It was definitely the calm before the storm - last night was NUTS. Two accidents - one of which had somebody complaining of back pain so they went to the hospital.

OH - how could I forget the crazy call I got maybe 20 minutes into the shift?! Another PD from NOT NEARBY called us saying they got a call from someone in their department about a man armed with two knives threatening to harm himself and possibly others in the residence. Just what I wanted to hear 20 minutes in on the last day of my rotation. Turns out he didn't want to harm others, only himself... because he got pissed off about something stupid. The guys on scene had me call out the squad for a mental health transport. About an hour later the hospital called bitching that we brought a homicidal person to them.

SAY WHAT?! Um, no. He wasn't threatening the life of anybody but himself. Stop your baby whining and evaluate the moron. Better yet, just throw him in the happy hut with padded walls, he'll be fine after a few hours (or years).

Other than that, the same old noise complaints, abandoned 911 calls, beatings in the tunnel... you know, the normal.

That's about all I really have right now... more to come soon.

Clear and Unavailable,

Dispatcher 6

No comments: