Friday, August 15, 2008

"Call 911"

So while I was bored at work one night last week... I saw a commercial for this show called "Call 911" on the Investigation Discovery channel.

I had this past Wednesday night off, so I finally had a chance to watch it.... it's not bad! Too bad some of the useful stuff that's on the show I'd never be able to do in my town. I work by myself... I can't stay on the phone with someone and dispatch police, fire, EMS, and medics all at the same time. Plus, by the time I'm done with all of that, the police would be there anyway. It only takes 5 minutes to get across town WITHOUT going lights and sirens...

Anyway, check it out... Call 911 on Investigation Discovery

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Reggie said...

Hi Matt, just checking out your blog. Pretty cool stuff. The show your talking about, I have cable but I can't find that channel. Do you have it special ordered or something? Tell me tell me pleeease?LOL I've been hearing about it but just can't find it. I'm so bummed. I'm not sure if you've read it on other blogs but I'm going to be getting into dispatching and I really can't wait. I'm getting pretty excited and I hope I get hired into one of these places I'm putting my app in at. Actually I should say excited/scared.

What has held me back for awhile is 1. I have a job now that is Mon thru Fri, 8 to 4:30pm and I haven't worked weekends or nights in a looooooooooooong time. I think I can handle it though. I really really really need a change right now.